Click here to download Report for the Trustees Year Ending 31 August 2022
The trustees who are also directors of the charity for the purposes of the Companies Act 2006, present their report with the financial statements of the charity for the year ended 31 August 2022. The trustees have adopted the provisions of Accounting and Reporting by Charities: Statement of Recommended Practice applicable to charities preparing their accounts in accordance with the Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland (FRS 102) (effective 1 January 2019).
Objectives and aims
The Charity’s objects are:
To provide and manage a community centre for the benefit of the parish of Milford-on-Sea
Lymington Hampshire and to encourage and promote the personal and social development of young people in the parish.
As the Trustees of the charity, we operate a purpose-built Community Centre which opened in September 2010, and this report is for our 12th year of operation from this centre.
We achieve our charitable aims by:
– Offering our facilities for hire to local organisations and individuals resulting in a broad range of activities including educational classes, music, art, drama, dance, exercise & fitness sessions, meeting rooms for local societies and community support groups.
– Running a well-staffed youth club two evenings a week. The activities offered are designed to encourage communication and conversation as well as teaching our young people skills for life. We also run Seahorses Stay and Play group for pre-school children every week which is also very popular.
– Organising a wide range of activities and entertainment designed to have broad appeal to all ages and be a focal point for the local community.
– Providing a popular and well-used café from Monday to Friday, providing free internet facilities, and also in the evenings, a bar which operates alongside most of our events;
– Operating a charity shop in order to raise funds for the Centre.
Full details can be found in the attached report…